Sunday, February 20, 2011

4. Ice Fishing and... Huh?

          The Post Register fell on the doorstep of the apartment below mine (due to confusion on the part of the delivery man). Before dashing off to my classes, it has become my custom to stroll down to the level below mine to collect my paper.
          I perused the details of Obama speaking at the funerals of those that passed away in the shootings in Arizona, Giffords opening her eyes for the first time since the incident, the proposed changes to the education system, only to run against an article about ice fishing.
          Not being from the north, I shuddered in something akin to horror at the thought of fishing in weather like this, but then I got to wondering, “ How big a deal is this if it was the cover page of one of the sections?” Talk about your niche audiences (unless a substantially significant portion go ice fishing in Idaho)! The paper really wanted to reach out to all different groups.  

No comments:

Post a Comment