Tuesday, March 15, 2011

15. Disintermediation and my Ability to Craft

Crafting can be an expensive hobby. When you add up the cost of DIY books, any lessons, supplies, and THE BIG STUFF, it can be come to the grand sum of: TOO EXPENSIVE FOR WORDS. So, this little blog will be a thank you note to the internet and more specifically, blogs, for lowering the cost just enough to make it plausible.

There are blogs for everything. Blogs tell you how to beat your video games, they tell you about movies, and they can provide you with ideas that are spectacular. I used to think that blogs were the cast off remains of journalism if you couldn't get a job in the profession, you filled your time with the lesser art. 

Thankfully, I have done a 180 since then. My sister introduced me to the power of blogs, and now I follow several and (obviously) have at least one. Blogs provide a different look. They allow the people with knowledge provide their information to people who could never be able to access it otherwise. In fact, in recent years, I have gotten more ideas from blogs than from the crafting books that I flip through. 

Does this mean the illustrious How-To book is dying? Stay tuned next week to hear my own view on THAT!


No comments:

Post a Comment