Thursday, March 17, 2011

20. Complete Integration

I was working on a project for my mass media class when I realized that as I am now, I could not effectively accomplish it. What was the problem? Well, we should start with what the question was. Log all of your time with the media, and separate them by the medium that you utilized for it...

I started off all bright eyed and bushy tailed. I had my pen and paper. I was ready to go. I strolled off to school... only to realize that I forgot to chronicle my i-pod listening. Oops.

Resolved to do better, I got into class. Oh, NO'S!!! I did not understand one of the terms my teacher used. Quick! Look it up online! Oops...

It did not really get better from there. As I used my computer throughout the day without even thinking about it, I grew to realize what a difficult job this was. In the wonderful world that we currently live, we come in contact with some form of the media every day. YouTube or conventional videos in class, music playing before closing in the library, or the internet for EVERYTHING ELSE litter your life. A simple cell phone can be one of the most powerful media tools right now. Unless you go out for cocoa with the Yeti, you will probably be saturated in the media.

Who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment