Thursday, March 3, 2011

12. Gloss

In my Mass Media class, we were discussing the medium called MAGAZINES. 




While trade magazines may be what is keeping it afloat as much as it possible can, the consumer magazines offer so much. I may be a sucker, but I will admit that I love the look of a glossy advertisement with classy-looking people doing classy-looking things. The older ads are priceless. In fact, they are downright inspirational. With ads like that it is no small wonder that magazines were able to get away on advertising better than newspapers. Newspaper ads just leave me cold. The classifieds make me feel cross-eyed after a while. The glossy feel and beautiful images might not sell me to smoke or buy Pepsi but just looking at them helps me realize how so many people might want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment